Thursday, November 10, 2011

THE 14 KNOWN HUNTED PLACES IN SAO PAULO PART2

8. Apa Street's Little Castle
Location: Apa Street 236, corner of São João Avenue
Built in: 1912


History: It was at this residence that an entire family was killed in the 1930's. Till this date, the case was not clear (the information is that one brother shot the other and their mother was in the line of crossfire and died).

There are reports of people passing in front of the house and hearing the cry of the children and the owner of the house not to be killed.

9. Ipiranga Museum
Location: Parque da Independência s/n°, Ipiranga.
Opening: 1895


History: Also known as Paulista Museum at the University of Sao Paulo, guard objects and a very old furniture. 

Both tourists and those working on site have reported seeing ghosts passing through the museum, libraries, laboratories and classrooms of public visitation, both in its inner part, and in the garden outside.

10. Faculty of Law, University of Sao Paulo
Location: Largo São Francisco s / ​​n °
Opened: 1827


History: Headquarters of the Law School of São Paulo, one of the most prestigious in the country, there have been Alvares de Azevedo, Castro Alves, Fagundes Varella, etc.. It was in this building that started the major political movements from abolitionism till the Campaign Diretas Já.

They say that in its corridors and the library (the first public one in Sao Paulo), you can listen to the most notorious students who went there, arguing about politics.

11. Obelisk Ibirapuera
Location: Parque do Ibirapuera s / n °
Built in: 1947/1970


History: The 'Heroes' of the 32 Mausoleum Obelisk is a monument where rest the remains of Martins, Miragaia, Drausio and Camargo (known as MMDC), killed in the revolution of 1932, plus more than 700 remains of other combatants. Some people hear gunshots and screams on this site.

12. Bandeirantes Palace
Location: Avenida Morumbi, 4500.
Opened: 1955 (the headquarters in 1970)


History: The oldest employees say they listen to the former governor Adhemar de Barros and Count Matarazzo discussing.

Count Matarazzo designed the building to house the University Conde Francisco Matarazzo, which did not occur. Steps and noises, in addition to open or close doors have been noticed.

13. Miss Yaya's House
Location: Rua Major Diogo, 353.
Built in: 1800


History: In 1870, a very rich lady called Miss Yaya, suffered from a mental illness and therefore was kept secluded in the house for 40 years.

They say she looked like a zombie, because of the maltreatment, and her death was tragic.

After that, all the relatives who mistreated heralso died in terrible ways.

14. Viaduto do Chá
Location: Anhangabaú Valley
Opened: 1892


History: It was the first viaduct of Sao Paulo and connected the street on the right to the Tea Hill, whose owner was Baron of Tatura.

In the sixteenth century, the Valley Anhangabaú (which means "water of the evil spirit" in Tupi-Guarani), many Indians were killed due to "Entrance of the Flags." Since 1930, some suicides are recorded: they say that people are driven to do so by the action of an evil spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment