Thursday, November 10, 2011

THE 14 KNOWN HUNTED PLACES IN SAO PAULO PART1

1. Edifício Joelma
Location: Praça da Bandeira, Rua Santo Antônio, 184 e Av. Nove de Julho, 225
Inauguration: The 1970s


History: Its name is Edifício Praça da Bandeira. Three years after its opening, it happened a fire in the building that killed 188 people. It is speculated that in the place where the building is there was a pillory and ghosts were already sighted at around that place.

The Joelma was also known as the crime of the well occurred in the 1940s. Some women had disappeared, and when the police investigated the site, found a home with corpses into a well. The house has been closed for years, until it was demolished to build the Joelma.

2. Fundação Cásper Líbero
Location: Avenida Paulista, 900
Opening: 1944


History: The building Casper Libero Foundation was inaugurated in 1944 and TV Gazeta in 1950. So they started a few reports of supernatural manifestations considered motivated by low-quality image transmission, common at the time, such as interference problems which drizzle and "ghosts" (you could see on the screen, next to the actor or presenter, a sort of reply). Since then, reports of this nature surfaced. It is also said that a pillory was there before the building's construction.

3. Municipal Theatre
Location: Praça Ramos de Azevedo, s/n°
Opened: 1911


History: The employees have spotted ghosts on stage or people with clothing of 1900 in the cabins.

There also have been reports of an orchestra on stage and the sighting of opera singers in one of the dressing room.

4. Consolation Cemetery
Location: Street of Consolation, 1660
Opening: 1858


History: It was the first cemetery of São Paulo and its chapel was erected thanks to the donation of the famous Marchioness of Santos, D. Pedro lover. There are numerous events including appearances as the very famous dead Domitilla (the Marchioness), Monteiro Lobato, Tarsila do Amaral, among others as Antoninho Marmo da Rocha, who died in the 1930s and is known as the Saint of the People, whose tomb is located in block 80, plot 6.

There is an interesting story: when the daughter of Commander Ermelino Matarazzo was buried, the gravedigger died. Till this date, people say the ghost of the gravedigger appears sitting on the grave of the girl or wandering through the cemetery to see how thow is its conservation.

5. Holy Cross of the Hanged Chapel
Location: Praça da Liberdade
Opened: 1887


History: In 1821, Corporal Jose Francisco das Chagas called for equal pay and better treatment of Brazilian soldiers. He was punished with death by hanging. But on the day of execution, the rope broke twice, and who attended considered it a sign from heaven to clear him, but he died. This caused the commotion of the population and in its intention, was erected a cross.

Sixty six years later, a chapel was built on site. Since then, there are reports that Chaguinha (name of the cable) is seen. The chapel is also called the "Church of Souls."

6. Building Andraus
Location: Avenida São João and Rua Pedro Américo, 32
Opened: 1962


History: This building burned down in 1972 with a balance of 16 dead and more than three hundred wounded. Until now, residents say they listen to the cries for help of those who died.

There have been cases of "poltergeist" like the sound of doors and windows that open and close by themselves, and the sound of footsteps.

7. Martinelli Building
Location: Rua São Bento 397 a 413, Av. São João 11 a 65 e Rua Líbero Badaró 504 a 518.
Opened: 1929


History: In this building, clubs, cafeterias and schools of dance made ​​it an icon of modernity in the 1930s. There are two types of reports appearing in Martinelli: first, a brunette woman, with long hair who died in the building in the 1930s and who insists on working at night in one of the rooms. People say they hear the sounds of a typewriter and the sounds of her steps, walking with high heels.

The second appearance was Davilson boy, who was killed and thrown down the elevator shaft in the 1940s.

No comments:

Post a Comment